Keys to The Kingdom
Matthew 16:18 - And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Matthew 16: 16 - And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God
- Psalms 18:31 - For who is God save the LORD? or who isa rock save our God?
- Psalms 62:2 - He only is my rock and my salvation; he ismy defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
- Romans 9:33 - As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (Isaiah 8:14)
- 1 Corinthians 10:4 - And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Matthew 16:19 - And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever
thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What are the keys?
- John 18:36 - Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
- John 10:7-9 - Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
- John 12:48 - He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
- John 12:50 - And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
- Revelation 19:11 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him wascalled Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
What about Peter?
- Acts 10:25-26 - And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him . 26) But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
- Matthew 16:19 – this is spoken to Peter
- Matthew 18:18-20 – (this is spoken to the disciples -18:1) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19) Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
- Matthew 10:24 - The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.